Monday, October 03, 2016 / by David Veenstra
Kalamazoo Real Estate - Real estate is the preferred choice for investing money by Americans as identified in a recent survey. With the Dow Jones industrial average reaching record highs, one might expect that the stock market would be the favored choice but that wasn’t the outcome.
Analysis of the report suggests that the popularity for houses could be that they are tangible assets that you can see where your money is actually invested compared to stocks and bonds which tend to be unclear where the money is invested.
There are several distinct advantages of real estate as investments over other popular alternatives.
- High loan-to-value mortgages may be available
- Fixed interest rates are still low and very appealing
- Your mortgage can be repayable over long periods of time
- Real estate has a history of appreciating
- There are tax advantages
- You have reasonable control over your investment and you can chose to manage the property yourself or hire a management company to manage it for you if you want a more hands off investment.
- You have the ability to sell a property if you need or want an influx of cash
- Smart purchases allow you to net a monthly income in addition to the increasing equity and appreciating assets
Owning real estate can be an excellent way to diversify your retirement plan. Here is an example of a great Westwood property that would make a solid investment property. It is in a neighborhood that is highly desirable, the house is solid and has a low maintenance exterior, it has a 2 car garage and is in the Kalamazoo promise neighborhood where children who live in this house can receive free college tuition. This is the kind of house where you many be able to get a long term tenant! It is a very desirable option.
The Veenstra Team has worked with many residential investors over the years. We also have personal experience with rental property and provide lots of practical and professional advice and guidance when a family is looking to begin investing in rental property. Jeremy Veenstra, an adjunct member of the Veenstra Team is a commercial REALTOR and he is well positioned to help those looking to purchase and lease commercial warehouses or large apartment complexes. There are different goals that will be met with each type of rental real estate, whether residential or commercial. The Veenstra Team offers free buyer consultations and services. We will start by listening as you let us know your goals. We can then provide advice for the best way to meet your investment goals and step by step guidance to help you reach them. Call us at 269-350-5514 or click here and let us know what you are thinking.