Friday, December 09, 2016 / by David Veenstra
Kalamazoo Real Estate - Our houses are one of the largest and most expensive assets most of us will ever own. It's where we lay our head down at night, the place we make memories and call home. Selling your Kalamazoo home can be one of the most overwhelming and stressful experiences you may ever go through. So here are 18 tips for living in your home after the Veenstra Team lists it for sale. We will be marketing your home in many traditional ways and many "out of the box" ways to get it sold quickly, but these tips will help you through the process:
- Yes, make the beds every day!
- If you smoke, don't do it in the house! And if you've smoked in the house it would pay to have a restoration company come try to treat it or consider having it completely painted to rid the smell.
- Dishes up. :)
- Keep closets and storage areas organized, the larger they appear the better!
- Keep it smelling nice. If you cook something strange, air it out!
- Keep the temperature comfortable and season appropriate.
- Fresh flowers inside and out are always a nice touch.
- Keep your refrigerator clean and organized in case they look.
- Keep your trash cans emptied.
- Keep the floors vacuumed.
- Keep the yard tidy.
- Leave whenever possible and take pets with you; it makes the buyers feel more at ease. You want them to take the time to appreciate your home, right?
- Don't talk to the other agent or buyer directly more than you have to. You hired your agent for a reason, so let them do their job.
- Be prepared for lights to be left on, doors left unlocked, and heaven knows what else I've had happen over the years. It's not often but it's also not the exception to the rule unfortunately these things happen sometimes.
- Wait patiently for feedback from your agent. Sometimes it takes a few days to hear back from the other agent and the buyer.
- Be as patient as you can throughout the process and try not to blame your Realtor if it doesn't sell right away. If you chose the right agent, they have no reason in the world not to do everything they can to get your home sold as soon as possible and for that matter, for as much money as possible. They don't get paid unless and until you get paid.
- Remove any really valuable items. Consider taking them to a safety deposit box or storage unit just to be safe.
- Breathe.The Veenstra Team will be working hard to get your house sold and we are confident that the right buyer will come along. :)